Monday, April 1, 2024

Solo Travel

 Since young I have been traveling , traveling for work, traveling for holiday.  But solo travel is the first time.

Technically speaking, I did travel alone for work, but when I reached to destinations, I had local colleagues to be with me, so I don't count those travels as solo travel.

This time, for the first time in my life, I did solo travel.

From Singapore to Haneda airport, 

The flight was a breeze.  No issue at all.  After clearing the custom and getting my luggage, I went to pic up my rental wifi, I have been using " Japan Wireless" for many years, whenever I travel to Japan.  It is so convenient to receive and return, the service is always reliable, and the quality of WiFi is good , can be shared with multiple devices .

After that, I went to local delivery service shop, Yamato 宅配便, as I was going to take 新幹線, I wanted to travel like locals.

Upon inquiry, as there was Tokyo Marathon on that day , the same day delivery was not available.  No choice, I decided to carry my own luggage.

From Haneda airport, take monorail to Hamamastsucho, then change to JR line toward Tokyo.  It was less than half hour.

At Tokyo station, I went to Green Window service counter to get my 新幹線ticket to Yamagata station.  It costs 11450 Yen.   The Tsubasa つばさ新幹線is the one goes to Yamagata.

I got into my platform, bought a bento, all set.

From Yamagata to Zao Onsen

I stayed at Zao shikino Hotel 蔵王四季のホテル, the hotel has free pick up from Yamagata station.  You need to book 3 days ahead.

When reaching Yamagate station,  go to west exit, cross a link bridge towards a shopping mall, go to the ground floor, you will find the waiting area.  The bus is quite punctual.  Only in the winter season, it is better to wait indoor.

There is a lovely library corner , the books are for loan for free for two weeks, there is no one  to man the store, so that you can borrow the books by yourself.  That speaks volume of Japan culture, people are highly trustworthy, it is assumed that no one will steal the books. 


The hotel has lovely onsens, ski and onsen are the best combination.

The rest three days, I went to ski at Zao onsen ski resort.  I totally enjoyed the serene scenery and peaceful time all by myself.  It was really gifted, I am especially grateful for my husband.








No comments:

Post a Comment